About this course:
The 10-hour General Industry Safety Certification is intended to provide an entry level worker’s general awareness on recognizing and preventing hazards in a general industry setting. OSHA recommends Training Program courses as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA standards. Workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on the specific hazards of the job. You will find supplementary materials available for download by clicking the “Materials” tab on the menu located within the course player.
Course designed for: Entry Level General Industry Workers
Participants will: Describe specific requirements in OSHA standard that protect workers from common hazards in general industry
Course duration: 2 days, 10 instructional classroom hours. Participants must successfully pass the written exam at the end of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course: Participants will receive a certificate of 10 hour of course completion for General Industry.
- Module 1: Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
- Module 2: Walking & Working Surfaces
- Module 3: Emergency Action Plan
- Module 4: Hazardous Materials
- Module 5: Personal Protective Equipment
- Module 6: Machine Guarding Safety
- Module 7: Electrical Safety
- Module 8: Hazard Communication
- Module 9: Hazardous Substances & Industrial Hygiene
- Module 10: Safety and Health Programs
- Final Exam
Dr. Adrian Estes is the OSHA Authorized instructor. He has over 20 years’ experience in safety and health management and safety and health training.
Mr. Binh Pham is the WSO Certified Safety Instructor and IOSH Approved Trainer with 16 years’ experience in safety and health management and OHS training. He also graduated from nationally accredited university in the USA with master degree in OHS.