Student member:The Student Membership category is available for any student in middle or high school (grades 6-12) or enrolled full time (12+ hours per semester/term) in a college/university undergraduate or graduate/postgraduate degree program. There is no cost associated with the VIHA Student Membership as long as the member provides annual documentation of full-time student status.
Associate Member: An individual who will gain admission to become an Associate Member of the VIHA shall be required at the time of application
- Have an associate degree in industrial hygiene, chemistry, physics, engineering biology, medicine and other approved discipline by VIHA Committee.
- Work in or have a professional interest in one of the following fields: occupational health, industrial hygiene, occupational medicine, occupational safety and environmental health
- Spend a majority of time in industrial hygiene, occupational and environmental health and safety related activities.
Full Member: An individual who will gain admission to become a Full Member of the VIHA shall be required at the time of application
- Have a bachelor degree or a professional qualification in industrial hygiene, chemistry, physics, engineering, biology, medicine, occupational health and safety, ergonomics and environmental health and other approved disciplines by VIHA Committee Board.
- Have a minimum of three years of experience
- Be active in the field of occupational hygiene or environmental health or any above-mentioned fields.
Experience can substitute education on the basis of two years of qualifying experience for one year of undergraduate education. Full-time graduate study in one of the disciplines listed above qualifies on an equivalent time basis for any portion of the required experience